Buy your ticket to our next NLNL session here!
We have a special ticket for dancers bringing along a support worker/career (support workers/careers enter free!)
Friday 22nd March 2024 - Cameron Park Community Centre
- Arrive @ 6:00pm for a 6:15pm start. Finishes at 7:00pm.
- Address: 107 Northlakes Dr, Cameron Park NSW 2285
What is No Lights No Lycra?
NLNL is a casual, no-judgement freestyle dance class in the dark. We turn off the lights and crank up the tunes to release our inhibitions, move our moods and work up a wild sweat – all completely sober. We are mums, dads, students, lawyers and baristas. We all have one thing in common; in the dark we come alive, shake the blues away and get lost in the music.
Yeah it might seem a little bit strange, we’ve heard that a few times before, but since 2009 we’ve had more than 500,000 people get their groove on at a No Lights No Lycra. With those kinds of numbers, it can’t be all that odd!
We grew from a small gathering in Melbourne into a global community, simply because joy is contagious, and people love to dance.
Each and every No Lights around the world brings its own unique personality to the dance floor. Our local events are run by the community, for the community, with a view of building a space that someone in Yangon, Myanmar or Alice Springs in the Northern Territory will love just as much as someone in Melbourne.
What to Bring:
A water bottle, and comfortable clothes to dance in.
What to Expect:
NO LIGHTS NO LYCRA:
- Avenue will not be providing Support Workers on the night of the event, There is a option to buy a single + Support Worker ticket.
- is a place for people to come and dance freely in a friendly, non-threatening, drug and alcohol free atmosphere.
- is an event that occurs in a dimly lit room: with the lights low people can truly dance without worrying about what they look like.
- is a time to dance independently in the company of others – in order for people to truly lose themselves in the music it is important to keep talking to a minimum.
- is not about technique and being a ‘good’ dancer, it’s about the experience of dancing with no one watching and the joy that this brings.
- is a place to exercise at your own pace while having fun.
- promotes a healthy mind and a healthy body.
- is about making dance accessible for everyone.
- It is an inclusive event – open to all ages, genders, backgrounds and demographics.
- is a place to shake out the stresses of the week, let go of your inhibitions and completely be yourself.
Visit our Facebook page for more information, or visit the NLNL website.