The purpose of this Policy is to provide a framework for Fighting Chance when dealing with an individual’s privacy and the handling of any personal information that may be collected by Fighting Chance for the purposes of conducting our business.
- Collection: An organisation collects personal information if it gathers, acquires or obtains personal information from any source and by any means. Collection includes when an organisation keeps personal information it has come across by accident or has not asked for. Personal Information: means any information that can be used to identify you
- Consent: means voluntary agreement to some act, practice or purpose. It has two elements: knowledge of the matter agreed to, and voluntary agreement. Consent can be express or implied.
- Contractors: The Privacy Act treats the acts and practices of employees (and those ‘in the service of’ an organisation) in performing their duties of employment as those of the organisation.
- Disclosure: In general terms an organisation discloses personal information when it releases information to others outside the organisation. This does not include giving individuals information about themselves.
- Use: In general terms, use of personal information refers to the handling of personal information within an organisation.
Policy Fighting Chance is committed to the protection of privacy and personal information and is bound by the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, which amends the Privacy Act 1988.
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Collection of personal information on our website
From time to time we may use web analytics tools to help us understand how visitors engage with our website, so we can make improvements to our site. Any information we collect for web analytics is anonymous and any trends or information reported are without identifying individual visitors.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any of our email communication.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.